By making a reservation to stay at the Center Lovell Inn, you agree to accept the following Inn Policies.
- 1 Reservations
- 2 Check-in and Checking Out
- 3 Payment Policy
- 4 Maine Sales Taxes
- 5 Cancellation Policy
- 6 Gift Certificate Policy
- 7 Buy-Out Policy
- 8 Non Smoking
- 9 Housekeeping
- 10 Cleaning Fee for Exceptional Messes
- 11 Age & Identification Requirement Policy
- 12 Additional Guests
- 13 Children Policy
- 14 Key Policy
- 15 Occupancy Policy
- 16 Parking Policy
- 17 Changes
- 18 General Policy
- 19 Quiet Hours
- 20 Outside Guest Policy
- 21 Pet Policy
- 22 Food Policy
All reservations must be made via our online reservation system. This ensures the real-time accuracy and availability of room(s) for the schedule dates.
Check-in and Checking Out
Check-in time is after 3 am until 9pm. Early check-in is based upon availability. However, if your travels will have you arriving at the inn later than 9pm just let us know as soon as you can.
Check-out time is by 11 pm. Vehicles and luggage may be left at the parlor area beyond check-out time based on storage space and parking availability.
**Arrangements must be made in advance for alternate times.
We are unable to hold a room without a deposit. A fifty percent deposit will be charged at the time of booking, if booking 30 days or more prior to your arrival date. Full payment for your accommodation will be charged at the time of booking, if you book 29 days or less prior to the date you arrive. Full payment will be charged for all short stays of 1-2 nights regardless of the time booked. The Center Lovell Inn accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Cash as forms of payment. Sorry, we don’t accept personal checks. As a condition of your reservation and immediately upon processing your deposit, you and your party agree that your credit card on file or another credit card acceptable to Center Lovell Inn will be immediately charged at the time of cancellation for the balance of your stay according the our Cancellation policy listed below.
Maine Sales Taxes
All accommodations, food, beverage, product or services purchased are subject to a Maine State Sales Tax of 9% that will be added to your bill.
For cancellation pertaining to room buy out, please refer to our Room Buy-Out policy below.
- All cancellation and or/change requests must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept cancellations by phone.
- Cancellations made 30 days prior to arrival date for the months – November thru June – receive a full refund of your deposit, less a $30.00 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made 30 days prior to arrival date for the months – July thru October – will be refunded less 25%.
- Cancellations made 15 to 29 days prior to arrival date will be refunded less 30%.
- Cancellations made 8 to 14 days prior to arrival date will be refunded less 50%.
- Cancellations made 7 days or less, will not receive any refund.
- There are no refunds for “no shows” and early departures.
- FOR ALL RESERVATIONS MADE FOR FRYEBURG FAIR WEEK: THERE ARE NO MODIFICATIONS, NO CANCELLATIONS, AND NO REFUNDS.
- The above Cancellation Policy applies to Gift certificates and vouchers as well.
We would like to kindly inform our guests that these rules mentioned are applied even in cases where the reason for the cancellation or change is beyond the control of the guest. For this reason, we strongly suggest our guest consider taking out travel insurance.
Gift Certificate Policy
When using a gift certificate for making a reservation, a valid credit card will be taken to hold the reservation if the amount of the gift certificate does not equal the entire reservation cost. If you are trying to use a gift certificate for your stay you will need to call the inn directly.
Our buy-out agreement include:
- Locking into current standing rates and removing the rooms from available inventory and holding the desired rooms solely for the Host.
- Complimentary hot breakfast, and 24×7 coffee, and tea.
- General coordination with Host for reservation management of rooming assignment list, facilitation of some pre-check in details including Welcome Gift Bags drop off in rooms are also included.
The Host will be required to provide Center Lovell Inn with a rooming list assignment for all individual guests at least 14 days prior to check in. This list must include the complete names, physical address, phone number and email address of each guests along with their room assignment. Guests will need to confirm their reservations and pay for their assigned room at least 14 days prior to check in. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ultimately, the Host will be responsible for paying the difference between the total cost of rooms purchased (‘buy-out’), and the unpaid balance. In other words, the Host will be financially responsible for any unsold rooms. Therefore, Center Lovell Inn encourages the Host to direct guests to contact the Center Lovell Inn as soon as possible to pay for rooms.
Restrictions do apply:
- During weekends in July through October, the Center Lovell allows partial or complete buyouts with a minimum stay of two nights, with some exceptions.
- Room buy-outs excludes use of the Restaurant facilities, which includes the commercial kitchen, inside dining rooms and outside wrap around restaurant dining area. The property may allow access to outside guests to restaurant, and public areas. Additional on premise exclusive banquette catering services can be purchased with advanced notice.
Room Type and Maximum Occupancy Rate
- Room 1. 1 king bed. Private full bathroom. Second floor. Sleeps 2.
- Room 2. 1 queen bed. Private full bathroom. Second floor. Sleeps 2.
- Room 3-4, Suite. Room 3. 1 queen bed. 1 twin bed. Sleeps 3. Room 4. 1 queen bed. Sleeps 2. Private full bathroom. Sleeps a total of 5.
- Room 6. 1 queen bed. Private full bathroom. Ground floor. Sleeps 2.
- Room 7. 1 queen bed. 1 twin bed. Private full bathroom. Ground floor. Sleeps 3.
- Room 8. 1 queen bed. Private full bathroom. Ground floor. Sleeps 2.
- Room 9. 1 queen bed. Private full bathroom. 2nd floor. Sleeps 2.
- Room 10. 1 queen bed. Private full bathroom. 2nd floor. Sleeps 2.
Note: rooms 9 & 10, share 1 full bathroom. Each room has a maximum occupancy rate that cannot be exceeded, without prior management approval.
Room buy-out Payment Terms
Dates will be held and confirmed when a 50% deposit is paid. A valid credit card will be held on file, and is required to secure buy-out along with a signed contract committing to the full purchase of rooms. We gladly accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
Full payment of any outstanding balance for room buy-out, including state of Maine sale tax, will be due 30 days prior to the arrival date. The Host’s credit card on file will be charged the difference between the deposit and the total remaining balance. Ultimately, Host will be financially responsible for any unsold rooms.
The deposit will also act as a security deposit and CLI reserves the right to retain all or a portion of the deposit in the event there is damage to any of the rooms. Assuming no damage to the guest rooms, and there is no further balance due, the deposit will be refunded 48 hours after all guests have checked out. Any damage incurred in excess of the 50% deposit will be charged to the Host’s card on file.
Cancellation policy for Room Buy-outs
- 10% or $250 US charge, whichever is greater, if cancelled up to 90 days prior to arrival date.
- 25% or $500 US charge, whichever is greater, if cancelled up to 60 days prior to arrival date.
- 50% charge if cancelled up to 30 days prior to arrival date.
- No refund if cancelled 29 days or less prior to arrival date.
Please email us at email@example.com with the dates and desired number of rooms. We will follow-up shortly thereafter.
For the comfort of all guest, there is no smoking permitted in or around guest house and restaurant. If you wish to smoke, please do so off premise. Maine State law prohibits smoking inside of all lodging establishments. There will be a $200 non-refundable fee for deep cleaning services charged to any room that has been smoked in to restore it back to its non-smoking condition.
Rooms are serviced daily between 9am and 3pm. Make sure to use the “Do not disturb” tag when you’re still in the room or if you don’t wish to have your room serviced.
Cleaning Fee for Exceptional Messes
Center Lovell Inn strives to present each and every guest the best possible experience. We take great pride in our appearance, upholding ourselves to the highest of standards. To ensure this quality for all, we are happy to maintain the rooms for all guests during their stay, including a daily refresh. We do, however, expect all guests to enjoy within reason and note that exceptional messes will not be tolerated. An additional fee will be charged for messes that result in the destruction of property: pillows, sheets, carpet, etc. Fee varies depending on the amount of damage.
Age & Identification Requirement Policy
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to make a reservation and check-in to Center Lovell Inn. Guests will be asked to provide valid proof of identity upon check-in.
We charge an additional fee of $40 per person for guests 6 and above. Not all rooms are adequate for additional occupancy. Rooms that can accommodate additional guests are as follows: Room 3 Suite, and Room 7. All other rooms are based on a two person per room occupancy only (no exceptions).
Parents, for the safety of your child and comfort of the other guests, please see to it that your child behaves properly. Parents and guardians are personally and legally responsible for children at all times. Please do not leave children unattended in guest rooms or anywhere on Guesthouse property. If you plan on joining us for dinner, we recommend that guests with children under 5 years old dine at the 6 p.m. dinner seating.
The property does not have high chairs, portable cribs or a regular children’s menu.
We thank you in advance.
Key access to a guest’s room will be issued to a guest upon check-in. Guest are responsible for keeping guestroom keys safe at all times. There will be a key charge of $25 for misplaced keys. Guest are advised to keep their doors locked at all times. Center Lovell Inn is not responsible for items removed or stolen from guest rooms in the event a door was left unlocked.
It is unlawful to duplicate any lodging establishment keys without prior written authorization from an authorized person. When the guest checks out at the end of their stay (including room changes), they must check-out according to the check-out procedure and hand in their room keys. Failure to return key(s) will result in an automatic lock change with a charge, consistent with the current cost of changing the locks.
Guest may not exceed a room / suite maximum occupancy. You will be charged the extra person fee for each additional person staying in room above the total original number of guest(s) scheduled, not to exceed the room’s maximum occupancy. Please see our current room description for the maximum occupancy for each room.
Please park vehicles close to main guesthouse close to granite stone markets. Be aware as to not park vehicles in the fire lanes, no parking areas, or in any manner which impedes the flow of traffic.
We are constantly expanding the services we offer to our guests. Although we make every effort to keep our website updated, please note that prices and services are subject to change at any time.
Center Lovell Inn has a zero tolerance policy in which it will refuse to admit or refuse service or accommodation in the guesthouse and restaurant or may remove a person who: while on the premises acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy property, or causes or threatens to cause public disturbance; or refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services. We reserve the right to refuse service at any time, to anyone, for any reason.
Due to the historical nature of Center Lvoell Inn buildings, sound travels easily between rooms. We ask that you are respectful of other guests and observe our quiet hours between 10pm and 9am.
Outside Guest Policy
Center Lovell Inn may limit the number of guests who may occupy a particular guest room, and will only allow registered guests to enter guest rooms and its facilities. Any person who negligently or intentionally causes damages to the guesthouse or any furniture or furnishings within the guesthouse, will be liable for damages, including the guesthouse’s loss of revenue resulting from the inability to rent rooms while damage is being repaired.
Sorry pets are NOT permitted. A fee of $150 per night will be charge for the unauthorized housing of pets in guestrooms.
If you require pet boarding, please evaluate and contact the following service(s):
Karla’s Pets — 603-447-3435 they are a full service pet care business.
Service animals are welcomed! Service animals must be harnessed, leashed or otherwise tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service of the animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices.
Please ask innkeeper for where service animals could relieve themselves. Animal waste should be disposed of properly; in a disposable plastic bag and placed in the proper outside garbage receptacles. Animal waste should NOT be disposed of inside the guesthouse.
As a registered guest, you will be held financially responsible for any damage caused by your service animal. Service animals are required to be up-to-date on all of their shots and should be free of fleas and ticks.
We are happy to accommodate many different kinds of dietary needs for breakfast, including food allergies, vegetarian and gluten-free. We kindly ask that you inform us of your special dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can make the necessary purchases in advance.
Center Lovell Inn strictly prohibits the preparation of any food items in guest rooms and around the premises.
We thank you in advance for your consideration.